Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Nikon camera + Boardgames = Boardgame Pics

Why not, I thought. A lot of boardgames are very photogenic....well, I think so. So I got out Norencbec, which has some lovely high quality components and started to take a few pictures. The ones taken with flash were hard and not very flattering, so I upped the ISO and tried taking some like that. Here are a couple of results.


The ISO in these pictures is 1600 so the shutter speed is quite slow, but they don't seem too bad. This one was shot at f5.6 and 1/15 sec. I shot them in RAW and processed them on the computer so I could reduce the grain and noise a bit.


When you are focusing this close and with a wide aperture the depth of field is very shallow. As you can see in this picture, the foreground is sharper than the meeples at the top of the shot. Again shot at f5.0 and 1/25 sec. I didn't use a tripod either, mainly because I don't have one, even so I think sharpness isn't too bad.

Anyway, I shall be experimenting with more games and more camera settings in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment