Wednesday, May 11, 2005

No Billygames this week and I’m off on hols, yippee!


Lake-Fuschl
Originally uploaded by coljen.
No Billygames again this week so you’ll have to put up with a bit of my waffle. Jo had asked me a while ago if I had planned to go to Essen this year, well I hadn’t but when he mentioned it I thought maybe. Jo was going with some friends and thought he could wangle me in, but they was let down by there hotel and it looked a bit iffy. Then I found out that Garry was interested so I had a chat to him, he got some details about trains and planes which looked OK. But I had to be realistic, we had some expenses coming up this year.....could I afford to spend a chunk of dosh on a 2-3 day games junket? The answer was no, but maybe next year........
Anyway this Saturday me and the wife are off to Austria for a fortnight of walking around the lakes of the Salzkammergut. We go every year and never get tired of it. The scenery and the air are spectacular, oh, and there are a couple of good games shops in Salzburg. We stay in a village called St. Wolfgang, same hotel every year. It’s small and we have become good friends with the owner. We book direct with him now and just get a flight. Unfortunately we couldn’t get a flight from Gatwick this year which is just 30 minutes away, so we have had to go from Stansted. What a pain. That is nearly a 2 hour drive away! Luckily a good friend offered to drive us. I don’t think he realised that it would entail getting up in the middle of the night.
So if anybody from Billygames writes a session report for the 2 weeks I am away I will post them when I get back. Until then Happy Gaming!

No comments:

Post a Comment