Sunday, January 9, 2011

Scotweb - Gifts for all Occasions

My spouse's family is Scottish.  We had the opportunity to visit Scotland for our honeymoon five years ago.  I fell in love with the people, the landscape and the food.  I must admit, I like haggis, even if I know how it's made.  We hired a car (same as rented) and drove around the coastline, sightseeing and stopping every once in a while.  We took a tour of Dunrobin castle and the Glen Morangie brewery as well as staying at a little Bed and Breakfast run by this quaint little old lady who came over from France during the war. 

Even though it was in July, the temperature at night was in the single digits.  I was wondering why there were two quilts on the bed when we went into our room.  Needless to say, I found out that night why they were needed.  I should have picked up a nice hand-knit cable sweater from Scotweb.   When we got back to Canada, that's exactly what I did.  I ordered one online and received it about three weeks later.  It came with a tag saying it was knitted lovingly by a woman in Scotland.  Now I wear that sweater, think of Scotland and all the memories there.

Scotweb is actually a great place to pick up gifts for that favourite Scot in your family or that special someone who loves celtic art or music.  Not only do they have kilts from any tartan, and warm wooly sweaters, they also have stuff for the ladies.  Or you can pick up a mug with your family's crest on it or even something for the wee pooch.  From kilts to music, toys to art, there's always something at Scotweb.

I'd love to visit Scotland during Christmas.  There would be plenty of parties, laughter and a bit of drinking.  I would remember to bring my kilt and have a great kitchen party.  Of course, I have to remember to bring my sweater.

No comments:

Post a Comment