Saturday, November 27, 2010

Stylish Blogger Award


Mandie from  http://whisperingchristmasdreams.blogspot.com/ has given Joys of Christmas an award. I was really excited and a bit surprised about this, but am so grateful for her kind words about my blog!! Thank-you so much Mandie. You and I are alike in so many ways! She has asked me to share seven things about myself so here goes: 

1. Whenever my time on earth is done, I hope that I can come back as a Christmas angel and help others just like the angel in Mrs. Miracle, a Hallmark presentation!

2. I enjoy doing yardwork as long as it's not real warm outdoors! Just can't take the hot, humid weather. I like to mow the grass with my reel mower, just like the old fashioned ones from long ago, only mine is an updated version. It's good for the environment and the grass.

3. I would love to see snow for Christmas, but starting in January I can't wait for spring to get here.

4. I think I sort of like a challenge...depending on what it is...This blog started out as a challenge. I wondered if I could actually pull it off. For me it was much work trying to figure out how to get things posted, pictures, codes, backgrounds, etc. just as many of you know this with your blogs. But I really enjoy doing it and enjoy reading your comments.

5. I LOVE Christmas. I tried to think about what my niche would be for a blog and I thought why not Christmas! I love listening to the music, wrapping gifts, get togethers with family and friends, enjoying the decorations in my house...this is why I start so early...I just plain love it! I love the foods, light displays, Christmas movies, decorating my computer with screensavers and snow, watching my grandchildren open their gifts we bought for them, and my parents are still here for Christmas which is really why I love it so much. They made Christmas a magical time for us when we were children!

6. I enjoy making digital scrapbooks. That was another challenge for me that turned out well, although I take it a little to seriously as to where I'm going to place things on my page because I'm... 

7. A perfectionist...I really don't like that quality to much. I just think if you're going to do something do it right or don't do it at all! I know that's terrible and it really does get in my way and I try not to be that way all the time. Some days I can get away with it, but it's a very hard thing for me!

Thanks again Mandie. I enjoy reading your blog and feel very honored that you would give me a blog award!

No comments:

Post a Comment